Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:48:41 -0800
Hi, all.

I greeted a venerable old ferret, his name is Grandfather Drew.  He was
nine years old in the World of the Living!  Imagine how much trouble a
ferret could make in *nine* years?  Wow!

And Grandfather Drew had many good stories about his advdentures.  We
sat by a little campfire last night under a clear sky filled with stars
and he made me laugh so hard...the elderly are so underappreciated.  Who
could be more interesting than someone who had lived so long?

He had some great stories to tell about his Daddy, Fred, too.
Fortunately for Grandfather Drew, he had a really good hoomin from the
sound of things.  Drew says that he will always miss Fred, who was as
much friend as Daddy.

Drew wanted to go to the grassy field full of interesting old trunks of
stuff, the sort of stuff you find in attics.  Drew selected a trunk for
himself and is very happy with what he found there.  Especially a warm,
dark fur hat almost the same color as he is.  He says he knows that he
will love sleeping in it!

I went back to check on Ivory today.  Yesterday was so busy that I
actually got her Business confused with someone elses, but they were
too polite to tell me at the time!  I'm glad the Big Boss didn't notice.
Well, I'm sure he noticed...but he didn't say anything to me about it.
I thought I'd go back and see what was up with them.

Ivory is the little albino girl who just came in, and stained herself
pink with cranberry sauce.  Miracles do happen!  This morning, she and
her wings are as white as snow, although the wings are a little crumpled
because she slept in them.

She spent the night by the shore.  She loves the sea and the waves, the
little glittering bursts of light that slide across the surface of the
water.  Jade green, indigo blue, or clear as a sheet of glass, she is
content to look at the water for hours.

Her whole Business threw a beach party for her today, inviting many of
the friends that they have made up her.  There were maybe 50 ferrets
there!  Her Business of Kewpie, Chuck, Billy, Cheba, Chynna, Chara and
Jay even set up a drum circle at sundown.

The drummers drummed and there was a Wardance contest beneath the
stars.  It was awesome!  We danced and danced and danced, and Ivory met
everybody.  That Billy is one sharp weasel.  He remembered that even
though we were surrounded by water, it was *salt* water.  He thoughtfully
provided a big plastic cooler full of fresh ice water.  Nothing makes me
as hot and thirsty as dancing, even with the evening wind coming ashore
off of the water.  I was a wonderful time!  I'm so glad I went back to
visit.  I love this job!

Sandee