From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:04:48 -0400
Vet costs vary WIDELY for spay / neuter services.

When we first opened i 1995 we had a housecall bet that would perform
neuters i the treatment room on site -- the cost was $25 per ferret.
Spays were done at her practice for $50 each. Needless to say we did a
lot of breeder rescues in those days... though some were so neglected
we also never could place them adn they needed lifetime care.

These days we find in our part of NH spays are about $180.00 each and
neuters are $85-95 each at the shelter vets....

Now we over the years have gotten a LARGE NUMBER of intakes form across
the MA border because-- intact ferrets are illegal in that state and
the vets wanted $500 for neuter!

So for folk in MA please check with the vets BEFORE bringing home an
intact ferret-- make sure you are prepared for the cost of neuter/
spay.

Alicia at www.ferretwise.org