From:
NEIL JOHN MCSHANNON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 20:22:27 -0500
To upate all of you on the ferret auction this past Sunday..There were three
males approximately 10 weeks or 11 weeks old and they "went" for 80 dollars
each.  They were Marshall ferrets...Let me tell you, I wanted to cry as the
auctioners try to "auction" off these little critters.  A lot of people were
interested, including those of us who belong to the Ferret Fanciers of Omaha
as we wanted to "buy" these poor babies to find homes for.  I believe that
all 3 of the people who took these ferrets, were new owners who had no
intentions of bringing a fuzz home that day.  Luckily, one of the members of
the Ferret Fanciers Club approached the new owners on care of the critters
(one guy did not have any supplies nor did he know what to feed his new
friend).  Also, she gave them her number and info on our club so they would
be able to get more information on their babies.  They all seemed interested
so hopefully, we will see a few new faces at the meetings.  I hope all the
fuzzies got a good home....We did all we could and I hope it was
enough....At least information and advice is only a phone-call away..  What
really angered me was that they did not pass out ANY info with the ferrets
as they had in the past.  I still can't believe that they did this...I am so
glad they went out of business.....

Please pray for "Josie" who passed on due to complications of ECE we
believe.  Her liver just couldn't take the stress as it was previously
damaged due to illness early in her life (ECE possibly)?  If anyone knows of
ECE cases in Omaha, Nebraska or near here, please E-mail me and let me know.
I do know that my baby, Taylor, is helping Josie adjust to her new,
peaceful, life in heaven.  Please pray for Lia as she tries to make sense of
her loss.  St.  Francis, Why were you unable to intervene and prevent the
loss of yet another young life?  I am still praying for all the sick babies
and my heart goes out to you who lost yours, I know how hard it is...It does
get better over time.... Jodi

| Neil McShannon                                           |
| MIS                                                      |
| [log in to unmask]       137.48.1.8             |