From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 09:04:00 -0500
Hello to all.  I may have missed something but did anyone out there go to the H
agerstown show?  I'm wondering because we went but left the ferrets at home.  A
t the show we picked up another ferret for the clan.  He is very large and very
 health but now almost all the other kids are sick.  The green liquidy stool, l
ethargy, throwing-up and then three progress to birdseedy looking stool and boy
 did it all smell.  We made duck soup and kept them hydrated with pedialyte and
 water and had the vet put them on antiboitic against secondary infections.
Two of them are having a hard time coming out of it.  I thought it would kill
my 7 year old who has a pancreatic tumor but he's fine.  It's the two 3 and 4
year olds that can't seem to kick it. (We've cleaned and cleaned). Did anyone e
lse who went to the show get anything like this?  Or is it something in my
house or carpet that I brought home?  My vet is going to send fecal samples and
blood to Dr. Williams next week but does anyone else have it right now?  All id
eas welcome !