From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 16:33:10 -0500
The sky was clear and blue today, but for me, it couldn't have been
more grey. With a white ribbbon with red hearts tied around her neck,
and pretty pink toenails, we will go to Dr. Potts. There, my precious
Holly-bear's fight will be ended for her and the gift of relife and
release will be given to her. She fought a hard, hard fight, but in the
end, she could not silence the monster within her. That horrible
monster lymphoma won again, he always wins.

I have never had a ferret live with lympoma as well as she did until
just recently. What a warrior she was. I tried to make her last dance
one of love and sheer spoiling. Even though she didin't want her gravy
any more, she still would eat her beloved Friskie Dental Diets. How
will I ever be able to look at those and not miss her?

I didn't have the honor of having her for her whole life, but we sure
packed a lot of love into the 4 years i did have her.She and her cage
mate Buddy, were found in a cage, left on a street corner, abandoned
and scared. Some kind soul brought them to the shelter, where I quickly
adopted both of them. At first she was a real pistol, beating up on
everyone. But with time came adjustments and she became one of the
sweetest angels I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Now,the body my baby girl, who went to the Bridge on the same day she
came into this world,on her 6th birthday, waits to join her brothers
and sisters in the ferret cemetary out back. She will be buried in
her crunchy sleep sack that brought her so much comfort. I sent her
Christmas stocking with her and of course some of her all time favorite
Friskie treats. Also, i sent clippings of her beloved bathroom rug.
Even when she could no longer walk, she would scurry, and push her
little worn out legs so fast to get to the bathroom where the rug lay
waiting for her. It brought her such peace. She slept for many hours,
comfortably, peacefully, until it was bed time.I'm hoping Pie O Pah
can do some Bridge magic and get her rug there for her as I could not
pack it in her things to go with her.

I'm sorry if this isn't making much sense but i too am tired. Holly
gave us both one heck of a roller coaster ride. It's ok sweet baby
girl, now it's over and you can be your happy, healthy. SKINNY self.
You run and play just as hard as you can there at the Bridge. My arms
will feel so empty without you. I will probably still wake at 5:00am
to give you your early morning gravy for quite a while since weve been
sharing these quiet, peaceful morning hours for so many weeks.

I can't write anymore, tears have a way of making everything blurry.
Thank you, those of you who read her letters and grew to love her too.
Oh what a sweet baby she was. A true, valiant warrior.

Bye-bye Holly-bear. I'll see you again someday i know, but I sure will
miss you.

"Mommy loves you." ( i whispered this behind her ear (and my other
babies too) every single day of her life with me when I put her to bed)

The Greatest Joy

The greatest joy I've ever known,
was bringing you forever home.
How could so many years have passed?