From:
James & Susan Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 23:47:23 -0400
Well, our two little carpet sharks (Eumel and Mausi) must have guardian
angels - at the eleventh hour, GREAT new ferret parents came forth and have
given them a wonderful new home - across the river in Gatineau, Qu=E9bec!

Our ferrets already speak German and English, and they seem to be picking up
French sans probl=E8me.  Since the correct pronunciation of "Eumel" is a
little tough unless you speak German, "Cookie", as he is also known, is also
getting used to the French equivalent, "Biscuit".

Their new home is wonderful.  They have as companions a slightly older
female named "Surprise" (she a rescued ferret from the SPCA) and a cute and
very patient dog named "Frimousse" (Mausi likes to steal Frimousse's ball
and hide it in the ferret tubes, much to the canine's dismay).

Their human companions are a wonderful family who have ferret-proofed their
entire HOUSE just for the ferrets.  They love animals as much as we do and
we know our little guys will be happy in their new surroundings.  We just
have to hope Surprise eventually becomes less shy around "Biscuit" and
Mausi - Surprise has been a solo ferret for quite some time and seems a
little shocked that her territory is now being invaded by "foreigners".

We won't be "on-line" for the next several weeks, but we'd like to once
again thank everyone who has offered their kindness - through support,
offers to come great distances to adopt our two, and in words of
encouragement.  Ferret owners are, like ferrets, a special breed indeed.

Susan & James Kramer ([log in to unmask])
Ottawa, Canada
www.igs.net/~kramer/