From:
Babar Lindelund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 07:11:59 -0500
Please don't get upset with me for making this correction.  Jazmyn made a
remark about the USDA and permits.  The USDA gives out licenses to breed
exotic animals and the fee is a $10.00 application fee and a $30.00 license
fee (for a total of $40.00) if you make less then $500.00 per year.  You
don't need a permit to own Sugar Gliders (you do to breed them).  I know
that my statements are correct because I just recieved my license to breed
Sugar Gliders.

With regard to the question about the Ferret playpen.  I purchased one for
my babies and I find that it is a quality product it is very roomy and
extremely sturdy.  The measurements are: 36"L x 24"W x 48"H.  This cage is
larger than the Penthouse and has solid shelves as opposed to wire.  I
purchased this cage for $146.00 from a local pet supply store (this is the
same cage that is sold by Ferret Outfitters).

I would like to know why it is so bad to house your babies in a glass cage.
I would think that a 48"L x 18"W x 22" H (75 gallon aquarium) with a hood
made of 3" x 1" wiring would allow for enough room and ventilation for one
ferret.  Also keep in mind that the room temp.  should be kept around 70
degrees (air conditioning in the summer).  I mention all of this because one
of my fuzzy guys doesn't like living with the other two so I gave him this
new home.  The wire hood allows me to hang hammocks and the tank is even
easier to clean then the wire playpen.  I find that this cage provides more
room than most wire cages that are being sold in stores.  (I know I'am going
to get a nasty reply regarding this post!!!)

Please don't get too nasty with me regarding my post.......keep in mind that
my babies, all three, have the spare room as their play area I don't just
leave them in their cages!!

Have a nice day all,
Babar and my fuzzy babies........Musky (Silver Mitt), Kodiak (Sable), Jpeg
(Sable)