From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 21:18:28 -0600
Kelly wrote about her experiences with trying to ferret proof a motel room.

When we traveled across country with our ferrets (5 at that time, before we
got a major case of Ferret Math), we discovered a good method after a lot of
trial and error and almost losing them to heat stroke due to leaving them in
the car overnight.  If you can find a motel that accepts pets, tell them you
have one ferret.  Bring the one ferret inside in its cage - everybody will
want to see/pet/make a fuss over it.  Sneak the others in later.  That way,
they can stay in their cage in the motel room and you don't have to worry
about ferretproofing, litter boxes, problems without litterboxes, etc.  I
hope this information is helpful to others traveling with their fuzzies.
The guides you can get from AAA generally indicate whether a hotel/motel
accepts pets.

Sara and Kurt
Skotter, Jodeci, Spice, Buddie, Fog, Preen, Daffnie, Danyel and Cognac
Winter the dog