From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:42:41 -0500
The joys of living with ferrets.

I decided to clean up my sewing room/garb room this weekend.  I perform
at the New Jersey Renaissance Kingdom, and "play" at many other faires
in our area, so I have one room dedicated to sewing and storing my garb.
The room got filled with "stuff" during the holiday season, because we
had to put it out of sight.  So, yesterday I decided to go through it,
and put it to rights.  Rory was awake and giving me the "Oh PLEASE Mom,
LET ME OUT" face--you all know what that looks like.  So, after checking
to see if there was anything dangerous to her and putting a few things up
out of reach, I let her keep me company as I set things to rights.  It
was really cute; she followed me around from room to room like a puppy as
I moved the stuff out that didn't belong there, and put things away in
their proper places.

She had a great time, because the ferrets usually aren't allowed in
there, so being able to explore the room was a real treat.  There were
lots of crinkly bags to play in, and boxes to explore.  But I found out
that she's a "garb whore" like me.  I was trying to put an overdress onto
a hanger so I could put it into the closet, and realized that it wasn't
coming up from the floor the way it should.  I looked down, and there was
Rory--hanging onto it for dear life.  She was determined to keep it for
herself and stash it away.  How she would be able to do this is beyond
me--the thing is made of heavy chenille brocade and was about 10 times
her weight! :-D  I had to scruff her to make her let go of the material
so I could get it from her without ferret teeth marks.  I guess I'll have
to use a scrap and make her a little cape from the material since she
likes it so much.

Melodyt and the fab five

--
Melody Tomaszewicz
Holdings Record Maintenance Team Leader

             \(_   \(_

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."