Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 14:30:30 -0500
Hello All!
Well the folks at Ferret Wise are gearing up for the rest of the year this
is the Milennium!!!  -- We have been shuttling new kids for admissions
blood work and even spay surgeries etc.  We are continuing to work with the
hospice kids-- who are overall looking very fine these warmer days.

Bear has picked up again after his last antibiotic regimen, bald Rocky is
chipper as ever-- Lulu is adjusting well to the loss of her cage mate
Missy-- Jerimiah still gets tutored in proper etiquette ( nipping problem)
and all the rest are doing great overall.

We have scheduled shelter open house hours at Ferret Wise on May 6&7 from
11Am-3PM for the annual adopt a thon in conjunction the National Adopt a
Thon sponsored by NSAL.  Hope to see you there -- come check out the new
cage units our kids are enjoying during quiet hours!  Meet the newest
shelter residents!  Talk with volunteer hospice folks and shelter staff!
We are STILL operating after 5 years with all volunteer staff - no paid
staff here meet the dedicated folks!

There will be some NEW Martin's PVC cage units and carriers on the porch
for sale -- and new bedding items to benefit shelter programs.  Also we
will have some special Mothers Day bath sets that will be available.
These sets feature the nicely scented ferret shaped glycerine bath soaps of
Dancing Weasel soapworks by Ela.  All proceeds from item sales benefit the
ongoing shelter programs -- The ferrets like that!

We continue to mail out pre screening applications to hopeful or potential
adopters, but while the kids are here at the shelter their hungry mouths
are asking for their TF food etc!  Please remember to support your LOCAL
shelter-- we ( ferret shelters) are all in the same boat caring and serving
as interim homes for ferrets!

Announcing the "Adopt a Beanie" Campaign--

Brand NEW TY Beanies are available for adoption.  The perfect Mothers Day,
Fathers Day, Birthday or otherwise gift -- perfect for those who cannot
have pets-- AND it helps the shelter continue to carry out it's work on
rehabilitating, educating and placing ferrets into loving homes.  Tuck one
into a spring floral arrangement-- ite it on a shower gift or donate it to
a children's or other charity!!!

What you get:
Your choice ( while quantities last) of the following Ty Beanies complete
with  printed adoption certificate & mailed to your home!

Adoption Fees $15 each  included:  Bruno the Dog, Rocket the Bluejay,
Chipper the Chipmunk, Prance the Cat, Nuts the Squirrel.

Adoption Fees $20  each included: Valentina the Bear,  Whisper the Fawn,
Doby the Dog, Nuts the Squirrel, Spunky the Dog.

Adoption Fees $25 each included:  Mystic the unicorn, Pouch the Kangaroo,
Jabber,  Scorch.

This  weeks auction  ends on Sunday the 26th  the following items donated
by X-tasy Etc:

Designer Daffodil Tent
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=289918881

Designer City Lights Top Sleeper hammock
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=289924306

Blue Hues  Peeper Sleeper
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=289941690

Teal Abstract Top Sleeper
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=289946425

Butterfly Fat Hammock
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=289953154

and if auctions don't get you excited-- check out the new iGive page which
helps support the shelter at:
http://www.iGive.com/FerretWise
Thanks for your support and thoughts-- the kids all appreciate them!