From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2013 18:06:33 +0300
Hi! Just got back from AA. More roadblocks -- literally and
figuratively.

Here's the most recent -- My landlady's accusing Abrahame, my worker,
of witchcraft. She says I must ether fire him or vacate the house. The
supposed goal of the supposed witchcraft is unclear. There is a dispute
over land (20-25-yrs ago) between her family and A's. It's recently
been revived by a great uncle (I think) of Abrahame's.

The potential for disruption to my life here -- well, you can see it.
I'm at capacity just dealing with the car sale. The prospect of moving
or finding anther worker (all previous workers have been thieves and
worse) at this point is daunting. Furthermore it wd be illegal for me
to fire Abrahame without documented cause and would involve paying him
a large severance payment. Though I initially had a lease on this
house, I am now month-to-month.

Item #2: Thu the gv't demanded a 5-year audit of my company before I
can sell the company car, Luckily in the car-sale contract, I specified
that I get a 4-week (or less) period in which to get the clearance that
requires this audit. I think I'll make it.

Here's a third problem -- the contract specifies up to 8 weeks, after
all the car-sale paper work is done, in which I I keep the car and do
all the transit procedures -- e.g., Min of Agric re animal travel, and
"transitor," banks, etc etc re my sending possessions to AA. The buyer
Fekade, is now objecting -- it turns out that the translation from
English to Amharic was defective: the Amharic says "a" week instead of
8 weeks -- a matter of a single incorrect character. (Amharic doesn't
use the same alphabet as English.)

I asked the lawyer to handle this with Fekade -- he doesn't respond.