From:
Mat Buehler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1996 11:38:57 -0500
I've seen some notes about putting bitter apple on a ferrets neck, etc, to
deter other ferrets from the "death grip".  Won't this make the ferret with
the bitter apple upset/uncomfortable?  Just checking, I think i'll try this
tonight, they usually wrestle well together, but once in a while, it sure
seems as though our little boy is getting a bit rough.

Note on backing up with stolen items:
Rizzo, our boy, does this what we call 'humping' around with something under
his chin, dragging it backwards.  But also, he will push things (balls)
around with his nose, running as fast as he can to keep up, but obviously
only pushing the ball faster and faster away from him :) it's hilarious
especially on the tile kitchen floor with a ping-pong ball :)

-Mat and Dianne and Rizzo and Bandit