From:
Shellie Sorensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 12:58:04 -0400
hey, all!  i'm new to this group of ferret lovers, so be kind if i do
something wrong.  I just signed up a few days ago & i already have a
question & a comment.

question: what is the highest temperature a ferret should be exposed to?  my
boys (Al Man & Ferris Bueller - albino & sable, respectively) live with me
in hot, humid florida.  i want to take them for walks now that they can bear
to wear a collar for more than two minutes, but we have already had days in
the 90's.  i don't want to them to fry on the hot streets, but i want them
to be able to go outside & see the world.

comment: to Barbara L  - sneez101
as i said, i live in florida, like you.  you were questioning about hartz'
version of advantage.  last year was my first summer with ferrets & the
unavoidable fleas!  i'm not kidding when i say that each one had close to a
thousand.  our dog was bringing them in the house & infesting the carpet (as
usual!!) i totally combatted the problem in two & a half weeks.  i bathed
the boys with johnson's baby shampoo.  it suffocated the fleas.  while they
were in the tub, i sprayed the carpets with flea spray ( i used the stuff in
the purple bottle that can spray upside down - i think from raid - about 6
or 7 dollars a bottle).  the boys never seemed affected by the smell.  just
don't spray them.  they hate it & hide for hours.  i did three times & the
fleas were gone!!  a heavenly summer followed.  let me know if you try.