From:
"K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 00:19:00 -0400
>From:    Testarossa <[log in to unmask]>
>Hi all.  I have recieved cuttings of several house plants that I was
>wondering if they were poisonous or not.  I've tried finding information
>on them on the net, but there's so much conflict out there.

Here are a couple of sites that list toxic and safe plants, which were
listed especially in regard to pet birds.  I would bet that almost anything
toxic for a bird is toxic to other pets, and likewise almost anything safe
for a bird to chew on is probably safe for other pets.  When in doubt of
course, keep your pets from eating your plants!  Not all animals will react
the same after ingesting a given plant.

Potentially toxic:
http://www.exoticbird.com/gillian/plants.html

Safe plants:
http://www.birdsnways.com/articles/plntsafe.htm

Again, when in doubt, keep your pets away from questionable plants, and ask
your vet for advice.

Karen
"The snake is an animal. It has a backbone and heart. It has red blood and
drinks water and eats food. It breathes air and feels fear, just like every
other animal in the world. And it's in a body that is the hardest thing for
the average person to understand."
                -- Dave Barker, herpetologist
If you love ferrets, check out:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html