From:
John & Sandy Lazdins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 10:42:27 +1000
Has anybody any knowledge of "Valium" (Diazepam) being use on ferrets as a
appetite stimulant.

I have in my care at the moment a stray albino jill that was found in the
mouth of a bull terrier.  That was 2 weeks ago.  She was in shock and did
loose a small amount of blood in her poop an hour later.  But none since.
She has been checked out by 2 vets and no internal injuries have been
located.  Also she has no discharge of any description from any orifice.
Her bowel actions and water works are working normally.  But all she wants
to do is sleep - understandably sleep is needed to heal the body.  Even for
bruising.  But she only eats enough to survive on - she won't touch Nutrigel
(an appetite stimulant and vitamin gel - all the others love it) , Nibbles
5-8 pieces of IAMS kitten kibble and a few pieces of minced roo meat (No
flames please it is a protein rich meat that ferrets out here love) but Lucy
only nibbles.  I have tried Duck Soup (my own recipes becasue a lot of the
ones from a lot of you have ingredients that are unobtainable out here.

So please any idea of any appetite stimulant would be appreciated.  I need
all details I can get as a lot of Brand names mean nothing out here.

Please help with any info that you can. Ferretone is NOT available here so
I can't try that.

PS Sorry I have posted this on FF as well but we need some help
Health and happiness to you and your "family"
Sandy