From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:56:41 -0400
Dear FML Friends,

Can you spare a Rembrant?.....

Or some used books, furniture, clothing, toys or jewelry?  How about that
extra electric can opener or old lawnmower?  Or that holiday, shower,
wedding, birthday gift that isn't "quite" you that's tucked away in a
closet or drawer?  Doing any "Fall Cleaning"?

The NE Florida Branch of South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue is planning
a Yard Sale up in the Jacksonville (FL) area on Saturday, October 17th, to
raise funds for our veterinary bills and we are asking you to consider
helping us in one of two ways:

(1) We're asking that you (or any friends/relatives, etc.  you can "spread
the word to" living in the greater Jax area) consider helping us by
donating your unwanted but usable household items to help us pay for
upcoming surgeries/medical treatments for our Shelter kids.  Remember, one
person's Trash is another person's Treasure!

(2) If you (or any Jax friends/relatives, etc.) are garage sale "junkies",
make a note to stop by our Fundraising Yard Sale and browse through (and
hopefully take home a few of) the "treasures".

At this point in time, we are in the "gathering" mode.  We have volunteers
available in Clay/Duval/St.John's/Alachua/Bradford counties--and we can
probably even get to SE Georgia--to pickup donated items over the next
week or so.  To arrange for pickup of your donated items, please call our
Shelter Director at 904/284-9232 (or fax at 904/284-6998)....OR e-mail one
of our volunteers, Plashette--who's donating the use of her home for
storage and front yard for the actual sale--at [log in to unmask]
(We'll provide directions to Yard Sale event on FML a few days prior
to....)

Please consider extending a helping hand to....sweet *Gypsy* who was found
in a dumpster in Sanford and in undergoing adrenal surgery as we write;
gentle *Thomas* was transferred from Animal Control and tested "heavy
positive" for heartworms (and looks quite adrenal, too!); he's already at
Dr. Kemmerer's and started the long and risky heartworm treatment; *Dinky*,
*Tribble* and *Josie* all need to be scheduled for adrenal surgery; *Lucky*
found alongside a heavily travelled road requires monthly (sometimes weekly)
allergy injections; not to mention the yearly vaccinations for the 50+
permanent/temporary Shelter kids residing at our "Woodland Retreat" Shelter
or at several local foster homes.

Donations are tax-deductible and ALL proceeds are used to directly benefit
the ferrets medical care.  Such donations are the lifeblood of a Shelter---
we can't continue OUR work without YOUR support.

THANK YOU!

[TB]