From:
"Tikki Mite (Terry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 1996 12:20:14 -0400
You may be bathing Toby far too much.  I have 12 kids and i only bath them
about every 6 wks or so.  I chance their bedding about twice a week.
Bathing so often just activates the oil glands in their skin and this causes
the odor.  My get pungent about 3-4 days after their bath.  After that the
odor becomes a subtle, warm scent (which I find very pleasant).  They are
more pungent around their faces as there are glands there also.  I use a
moistened wash rag there as I don't wnat to get water in their ears.  If you
keep the litter cleaned and bedding washed there should be little odor
descented or not.  Sometimes my Tikki even smells like warm, buttered
popcorn.  Try not bathing so much (it also makes their skin dry and itchy).
Hope this helps

Terry & the drty dzn