From:
Michelle Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:41:49 -0800
I'm just like any ferret owner, I think my ferts are the cutest, funniest,
most loving weezils on the planet!  Take last night for example.

I have a gun that shoots ping pong balls (available at Dollar Tree).  My
husband and I took it over to the ferret's room and began shooting ping
pongs over their heads (FYI, they don't shoot hard and could in no way
injure the ferts)

Bing!  The first ball bounces off the wall and Ginger is off like a flash.
She pounces on it and begins pushing it with her nose.  She is desperately
trying to bite it and carry it off to her hidey hole, but the darn thing
just won't be captured!  Dizzy, the Kit, is running around after her
dooking "whatcha got?  huh?  Ginger?  whatcha got?" Stinky watches from
behind the rice box and Nunzio lifts his head off of the hammock to view
the action before going back to sleep.

That ball eventually gets rolled next to the food dish, where all the balls
go.  It's time for the next one.  This time Stinky jumps on it and begins
pushing it around the room until Ginger comes in for the steal.  By this
time Dizzy is watching me rather than Ginger, perhaps hoping I'll explain
what it is she's got.

We go on like this for an hour or so.  Every time a ball gets trapped or
rolled into "it's spot" a new one flies acrossed the room.  Even Nunzio
gets into the act when one flies into his hammock!  Ginger is quick to
learn that the balls are coming from the gun and tries to grab it out of
my hand.  In short, a good time is had by all.

I know that they weren't doing anything special or brilliant, but at that
moment I felt like my ferrets were the smartest, cutest kids in the
universe.  Why?  Because they can push a ball?  LOL!  I guess so!  Anyway,
as non-exciting as the story is, it is one of the many reasons owning
ferrets make me happy!