From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2012 03:45:39 -0700
Three of my thirty ferrets are terrible cage biters, making all kinds
of noise pawing on the floor and wall of the cage or biting the bars
and tugging hard. It can be rather noisy at times. I have a small spray
bottle of Bach's Rescue Remedy and decided to try it. I sprayed a
couple pumps on a saucer, then dipped my finger into it and put it into
the ferret's mouth. One boy liked it so much he was licking it off my
fingertip. They all quieted down, took a nap and have remained quiet
the rest of the day. Only one dip was enough for the small girls, two
for the large male.

I am not a big believer in homeopathic medicine but his really seems
to work. Do others have experience with this?

About Revolution, I had no clue how it worked until I bought a bottle
of agricultural Ivomec, sold for control of many organisms in cattle,
swine, etc. The information sheet has a section about how it works,
Mode of Action. Basically, it allows chlorine ions into the cells of
the invertebrates (worms, mites, lice) while this has no effect on
mammals. I won't copy it and the scan of it is very fuzzy due to the
small print. It gets rather technical. Perhaps it can be looked up on
Merial's website.

Carol J. Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ