Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:43:15 -0500
Hi this is Julie again, and i needed to let everyone know that i had to
help my little boy mickey go to the bridge this past friday.

He was such a sweet boy, always wanting to give kisses and cuddle.  he
loved riding in the car with me, and had such a sweet soul.  He had been
sick, and would get better, and would get sick, and better, etc, etc.,
and then he started crying when he would pee.  i knew it was time.  i let
him out of his cage on thursday night to play, and he really played for
once in months, chasing the cats, and the puppy.  My neighbor and i were
chasing while in the process of getting some last pictures of him.  His
sweet santa offered to help me with the fee as i am unemployed now, and i
didnt want to make him suffer any longer.  i couldnt stand hearing him
cry.  he did this a couple of days.

anyway on friday afternoon, the plans were made, and it was time.  he sat
in my lap on the way to the dr's office, and didnt hardly move.  he was
so good in the car.  the plan was to give him 2 shots, and it would be
over.  well as i was holding him and crying, the dr came in.  he petted
him and talked to him.  i wouldnt let him go.  i told mickey, mommy will
not let you go baby, and he just layed there so calm and quiet.  i
uncovered him so the vet could get to him, and mickey didnt even move
when the needle went in.  he just layed there.  he was such a big boy.
i snuggled with him and he went to sleep.  he passed in about 1 minute.
it was so quick and painless.  i was so happy that he was ready also.

afterwards while i was holding him, he began to let his bladder go, and
i couldnt get it to stop.  he dripped alot forever, and we started to
chuckle.  poor thing had trouble peeing so long that he finally got his
relief.  he wold soak a napkin, then another, then another, then a paper
towel, then another.  then the dr came in, and said let me put a little
pressure on his bladder to get it out, and as he did we laughed cause i
had already been doing that.  he still didnt stop.  poor little boy, just
had to go.

so anyway, afterwards we went and had him buried and now my hear is
lonely again.  i have no more ferret babies.  i had a guy ask if i wanted
another one, before i went into the office with mickey, supposedly his
daughter didnt want him and gave him to her brother and he didnt want
him, so you know the outcome of being unwanted.  no decision was made.  i
love helping but dont think my heart could have been in it.  but i still
worry about that baby.  he did get my number, just in case though.

sandee can you please make sure mickeys brothers and sisters take care
of him, and show him around.  he has been there a few days now and is
probably already an expert at some of sights there.  i know he will be
glad to see everyone, too many to name them all, and they will be glad
to see him as well.

sleep well my sweet kissey boy.
love, mommy