From:
Andy Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 11:48:16 -0500
Howdy, all.

Just wanted to pass a note that I (and the fuzzies) finally got e-mail at
HOME!  (and I can avoid receiving this at work -- they frown upon that
type of thing).  My new address is:

I suppose that this means the FLO can expect an increase in membership over
the next several days (*sigh*).  I hate to admit it, but Cody will probably
rise in the ranks fairly quickly.

On another note, I posted several months ago about the possibility of
introducing ferrets to a German Shorthaired Pointer... well, Ben (the GSP)
has been living with us for a little over one week and the results are
promising.  Introductions have gone slowly: the ferrets have a new plywood
(thoroughly polyurethaned) enclosure (4' x 4' x 4') with a plexiglass panel
on one side.  The first couple of days were just allowing Ben to peer in
at the ferrets through the plexiglass.  Then some introductions while the
ferrets were held.  Then some closely supervised interactions.  Now Ben
seems fascinated with Oscar and does not pay nearly as much attention to
the others.  He'll just follow Oscar around, wagging his tail the whole
time.  The stamping I was so worried about (Ben likes to paw at things)
hasn't really happened.  I figure in a couple weeks, we may get to the
point where I don't have to hover over Ben whenever they are interacting.

Dooks,

-- Andy and the four Sock Pirates
Cody ("I just want to snuggle.")
Tripod Bob ("Look out everyone!  I'm gonna kick -- well, knee -- your
butt!")
Ifdaschuwitz "Witzy" ("I'm no scared of you no more, Bob. . .")
Oscar ("Can't we all just get along?")
 . . . missing our little Lily-doodle. . .
 . . . with Fossa and Socrates waiting at the Bridge. . .