From:
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 09:46:42 -0800
>From:    Marge <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Last time I will post
>Somebody has been criticizing me behind my back.  And I have seen lots of
>that done lately especially about the shelters.

Not everyone that proclaims themselves a shelter is actually "protecting
and providing temporary housing for ferrets".

>The fact remains, a ferret breeder cannot be a cure to the unwanted ferrets
>by being a shelter.  "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

Ferret breeders and shelters aren't exactly the Northern and Southern
states in the 1860s.  Well the non-division between shelters and breeders
is nothing like the economic and cultural distinctions between a highly
industrial and a highly agrarian society in the middle of the last century.
(The quote is from President Lincoln)

>Don't bother to try to argue the above statement.  All that accomplishes
>is acknowledgement of the fact.

There is obviously little chance of reaching a closed mind.  I don't expect
to have any impact on you.  But there are others with more open minds that
might read your statement and wonder about its truth.  I strongly disagree
with that statement.

Most ferret breeders do also run shelters.  To me it makes perfect sense.

The real reason to run a shelter is because of a strong devotion to
ferrets.

The only real reason to breed ferrets is because of a strong devotion to
ferrets.

There is no acknowledgement of the fact those that breeder ferrets and
those that in some capacity shelter ferrets can not co-exist, co-operate
and even be the same people.  The odd language is to get around some
contortions some folks take to fight over the nit pickiest things.

I don't recognize that particular email address.  I do recognize that
"name" but to me its not obvious if its the same person.

-bill

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets