Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 15:01:08 -0700
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who e-mailed us with suggestions
about our burned ferret "Pax."

Sadly, Pax passed away in my arms at 9:00 this morning as I was readying her
for a visit to the veterinarian.

We suspect the Anafen, which we were administering to her for pain, was
incompatible with her ferrety system.  She began passing large quantities of
black, bloody stool yesterday afternoon, though she was still drinking, and
we ceased adminstering the Anafen and started her immediately on Kaopectate
and forced feeding.  The autopsy, which we attended, indicated virtually no
food but a small quantity of blood in her stomach.  She resisted food and
water last night and was becoming lethargic.  This morning, she was mostly
unresponsive and refused all food and water.  She cried once and then died
in my arms.

Please give your ferrets a hug and kiss and a special treat in the memory of
Pax.  She'll never know what it was like to be loved by anyone, though I
certainly tried to make her last hours as happy as I could, considering ...

Sheena and the   |  proud LOMIG member  8-)
Wherret Ferrets!   |  "to be sane in a world of madness
Come see us at:   |    is in itself a kind of madness"
           http://www2.portal.ca/~wherret/