From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 23:09:25 -0400
During the Katrina crisis, the Ferret Association of Connecticut (FACT)
established a Disaster Fund to allow anyone - individuals, vets,
shelters, or public facilities to apply for a grant to support the
rescue, housing and care of any ferret/s displaced due to a "disaster."

FACT's board has decided to keep the term "disaster" very loose in
order to be flexible in how we can provide funds to help those in need.

Eligibility

We encourage ANYONE involved in helping ferrets as a result of the
devastating fires in CA to apply for support. This includes vets,
shelters, owners needing termporary housing, or those providing aid
and transport to safely. We are OPEN to any and all situations and
will do whatever we can to provide support!!

Donors

PLEASE consider a donation to the fund! FACT used this fund to help the
Ohio ferret rescue - both through a donation to Lori Sies shelter, and
for the transport of the ferrets from Ohio to the Northeast (helping
shelters in NJ, MA, and our own). The funds is just about empty!!

This fund is kept completely separate from FACT's operating funds and
is designated strictly for unusual situations. Even if all you can
donate is $1, $5, $10 or $25 - any and all donations will be earmarked
to help in situations like Katrina or the CA fires.

The grant application is available at:
http://www.ferret-fact.org/KatrinaReliefFund.htm

The donation link is also available via the same link:
http://www.ferret-fact.org/KatrinaReliefFund.htm

It is our earnest hope that no ferrets have been harmed by this
horrendous, natural disaster. However, being a more affluent area of
CA, we are certain that there are displaced ferrets and their owners
that have been affected.

Coming on the heels of the Ohio rescue, we know it is a lot to ask of
the ferret community to dig deep to provide help to the potentially
helpless!

We can assure all that donations will remain segregated and available
for any group or individual shelter that needs support. And our goal
is to provide that support to the best of our ability!!!

As the President of FACT, I will personally match the first $300
donated to the fund with a $150 donation.

Thank you!

Ann Gruden
President
Ferret Association of CT, Inc.