From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 1996 05:32:25 -0800
Hi All,

I am still forced to start dooking again every once in awhile as I open my
mail!  Last Saturday there were two envelopes addresses to F.A.N.G.!  I
opened the 1st to find a nice check for $20 and a note saying "Now Kelleen,
NO DOOKING!".  Sorry but I just couldn't help myself ya know??  <GG> Then I
opened the 2nd to find a check for $50 from an FML'er saying this donation
was in memory of her wonderful ferret that recently crossed over the Rainbow
Bridge (I'm afraid I must confess that my dooking became louder and even
more frequent after this one!) We THANK YOU both from the bottom of our
hearts for your generosity and caring.  Since Little Rocki is going to the
vet Tuesday morning for bloodwork and a urinalysis this extra money could
not have arrived at a better time!  Doc.  Williams has been consulted and he
thinks this could possibly be a kidney or bladder infection or both.  Either
way if it is this we must act quickly to save little Rocki and we most
definitely will!

About a week ago I wrote to a lady that said she knew where to get the clear
dryer hose and asked what I would have to bribe her with to get her to buy
us some and send it to us and I would reimburse her.<GGG> :-))) Well,
wouldn't you know it but this wonderful lady wrote back the next day saying
she had gone and bought the hose and had it ready to ship but wanted to
verify our address.  She also said being as we are a shelter that she was
donating it to us and to forget the bribe or the reimbursement!!  Another
great person out there.  Oh, so you know most of the tubes were intended for
the shelter kids anyway.  Any I myself use for my kids I will put money into
the shelter fund for keeping them.  THANK YOU WONDERFUL LADY!!

And last but sure as heck not least, the good FML friend that recently sent
us $40 towards postage fees called me long distance the other day and said
he has all kinds of ferret products that he over ordered on or that his kids
will no longer eat and he is shipping us a wonderful care package of those
items.  It will be arriving soon.  This package will contain many items some
of which are, Totally Ferret food, ferretone, and many herbal remedies that
have been used with success in treating ferrets.  Heck he is even throwing
in an herbal treatment that may help with MY Severe Clinical Depression!!
WOW, what a gift to get!!  Me and my INSANE 10 consider this man to be a
very special friend of ours and we love him very much for all the help he is
giving us.  Being a brand new shelter with little funding can really make it
hard at times but with the help of people like these I mentioned above, and
those mentioned in the past, we can accomplish anything!!  THANK YOU AGAIN
very special friend, you are one of the few great men we have had the
pleasure to know in our lives!!

So this is something some of you may want to think about.  If you happen to
have ferret food or other items that your fuzzys no longer will eat or play
with etc.....  then do not throw them out but send them to the shelter of
your choice.  We are thrilled to receive such gifts and I am sure the other
shelters would feel the same.  Sometimes we may not have $$$ to spare but we
do have these extra or unused items lieing around.  Just a thought.

     THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR FURRY LITTLE HEARTS!!!!!!!!!

       Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House