From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:11:55 EST
>I don't even know if my money was used for the ferrets or if the person
>used it for themselves.  I mean now I am wondering if it went to a good
>cause or not.

Which is why I have almost always made my contributions through SOS or
IFC.  I am guaranteed that my contribution is being used for the ferrets
that way.  And I generally prefer my donations to be anonymous to the
recipients so they don't have to spend the time or energy to thank me.
Their dedication and hard work are thanks enough.

I have contributed to a couple of shelters to assist with extraordinary
circumstances through one other means on a couple of rare occasions, but
even then my contribution was made through a trusted middle person so my
name was left out of it.

But that's just me.

Anne