From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 06:17:29 -0500
Ooooooo Weee! Boy did we have a storm blow in here this week end. Name
you say? Hurricane Renee'. See mum got this call on Sunday morning
about 4:30 the person says to mum did I wake you up? Coarse mum says
NO. It was Miss Renee telling mum she was almost to the Buffalo exit,
she was going to take a couple hours nap then call Miss Cathy R to have
her come meet up with Renee to pick up the DMK kids that are coming to
live here. Mum says Okey Dokey.

At 7:50 am another call comes in from Miss Renee telling mum that Miss
Cathy R was on her way to meet up with her, was mum aware that mum was
getting another challenge? (Biter). Mum says yes sir'ee. So, Mum goes
about her business taking care of old lady Kay, when mum gets home she
finds Miss Stephanie here to drop off her kids for camp, then Miss
Kristie pulls in, she says did you get your messages? Nope; mum says
just got home. Miss Kristie informs mum that Miss Renee is on her way
to Naples she will be here about 10:30. It was 10:25 AM right then.
Soooooooo Mum says what is going on she was in Buffalo meeting Miss
Cathy R. Well seems Miss Cathy R. was not aware she needed carriers to
bring the kids so there was no way she could take them for mum, Miss
Renee made an about face and came to Naples to drop the kids off. When
mum got into the house she found lots of messages from Miss Cathy R.
and Miss Renee. Mum gets some of us kids put away, gets Miss Stephanie
kids out in the play rooms and in blows the storm. (We love you Miss
Renee)

Miss Renee says the first thing she needed to do is see the "little
room" any biters in there? Then mum and Miss Renee went out to the car
to get kids, mum brings the little challenge in first. We think her
name is Bloom but we are not sure yet, mum says she needs to wait for
her personality to come through. Anyway Bloom is settled in the store,
mum goes back out to the car to see what next. Miss Renee takes a cage
out with 5 kids all snuggled in the hammock looking at us with little
questioning eyes. Miss Renee says to mum pick your 4. Mum says I can't
pick, so they; Mum and Miss Renee decided to take the first 4 that
popped their little heads out of the cage. Only trouble with that
theory is only 3 popped their heads out. The other 2 held back so Miss
Renee scooped them out and held them up said to mum what one? Mum stood
there looking at them thinking how does she choose? They are all in the
same cage snuggled up in the same hammock, and mum is going to tell one
of them that they are being left behind? Mum says to Miss Renee, what
one is picked to go to someone? Miss Renee says neither. Mum plucked
them both out of Miss Renee's hands tucked them into the carrier she
was using to take them into the house. Miss Renee says hey that is 5;
Mum says hey your right they will all fit in the one cage I have for
them so they do not get separated. That is how mum went from 4 to 6 DMK
kids. Then Mum and Miss Renee had paper work to do. Mum got the paper
work done, Miss Renee had a cup of cocoa, then mum got Miss Renee's
kids out into the play yard for some romp, while Miss Renee cleaned up
some cages in the car, then Miss Renee brought a couple of DMK kids to
romp out there too.

After Miss Renee left Mum was in stitches laughing at the new kids
jumping and dancing. They are in the isolation room for now. Mum says
they are beautiful kids, she can not wait to watch them bloom into
wonderful happy fur kids that no longer have to fight for food, fight
for a place to stay warm or to survive. So that is the storm that blew
in.. Mum is so very pooped.

Lakeroad Ferret Farm Rescue/shelter
www.ferretfarm.org

International Ferret Congress Vendor Coordinator
<http://ferretcongress.org/>

Petfinder Page
<http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/NY559.html>

Shelter Video