Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:46:30 -0800
I am pleased to report that the two rescues went to a very good home today!

The previous owner was feeding Science Diet that did not have very much fat
in it (7%), so these poor babies were so underweight!  I am not if sure
either the male or female weighed more than one pound - ribs showing,
etc... It was so great to see them attack the bowl of new food.  It looked
like they hadn't eaten in weeks!  Both seem healthy, just skinny.  The fur
on the albino was so white!

I got some great responses from some very great people and had such a hard
time deciding who they should go to.  I thought all the homes sounded great
but I had to go with the first person who emailed me, to be fair.  Don't
fret, I am quite sure I will be seeing more since I have had two calls
just this week.  We all know that there are lots of unwanted ferrets out
there :(

Guess I am starting to do rescues on a more regular basis, but I cannot do
a shelter.  I think that when we build our new home, I am going to request
that we have an air-conditioned/heated room for just animals.  This way, I
could take in more.  Hubby is not liking this idea at all, so maybe not
(he,he).

Now I am babbling, so I will go.  It is always such a great feeling knowing
you helped out another furkid, I cannot tell you how happy I am!  This must
definitely be the upside of sheltering.

Dooks!