From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 23:06:16 -0800
Hi gang,

Well, it has been exactly one week today since the biter boys were brought
to my doorstep, and the changes are astounding!  [Remember, only a week ago,
the petstore staff had to use welders gloves to handle these boys.]

Today, I can do anything I want with them!!  I can hold them in my lap, I
can scratch their heads, I can stroke their bodies, I can kiss them on the
face, and I can tickle them (though sometimes when I tickle them they
"play-bite gently").  Even when they desperately want me to put them down,
they don't bite me.  They may put their teeth on my hand but they don't
bite!!  They have learned what "NO" means, and I think they understand
"don't bite"!  I have now started to initiate play with them, and they are
careful not to play too rough.

My hands and foot are healing just fine.  The boys love it here and have
made lots of new friends.  They get along fine with the other ferrets.
They do need lots of litterbox training though.  They shove the box out of
the way, poop behind it, then dig the newspaper (I don't dare use litter...
yet) out of it and shred it, then proceed to sleep in the litterbox.  Oh
well, litterbox training is the "easy" part.  I still have to watch my feet
though :<

I cannot put into words how thrilling it is for me to watch these changes.
Also, they are having a ball here, now that they have freedom and room to
run and play and to just "be ferrets".  I think the regular daily playtime
they have come to count on, has helped them so much in accepting me and
settling down.  They are incredibly happy.

As you can tell, I could just go on and on talking about them, but I'd
better stop.  I don't want to completely bore you all.  I just wanted to
give you a report on "the guys".

Kisses to the fuzzies,
Trish