From:
Milliesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2010 11:40:22 -0500
Right now we are struggling as we have always been but more so to get
up extra money to get the yearly adrenal shots. We have about 35
ferrets on Lupron shots, most in foster homes. If we can get the yearly
shots, we can place ferrets further from Dallas - for those who can't
make it here once a month but could once a year, means saving more
lives.

Well, you can imagine what happened to my heart when I learned that SOS
contacted our vet and paid our vet bill up to date. I mean talk about
angels, that was another huge leap towards our getting what we need.
When we make the initial purchase, then we can take our normal costs
and apply when the next year's shots are needed. In the long run, we
are looking for it to cut our vet bill down at least 1/3 taking into
consideration being able to help more adrenal ferrets.

THANK YOU SOS. This really touches us.........as most know we normally
have 50 to 100 adoptable ferrets at all times, a good 60 to 80 ferrets
in foster homes we are responsible for their medical needs and as a
whole we see 225 to 300 ferrets go through our facilities per year.
It's a joint effort of many volunteers to handle this volume and the
money, well its always a struggle. Donations like this is just a breath
of fresh air for us you might say a shot in the arm to keep struggling.

Millie and her Ferrets and Danes
www.txferretrescue.org