Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 11:41:33 -0700
I have a question.  My vet told me how most vaccines work.  That they
put part of the virus, a shell of it in the vaccine and this teaches the
animals immune system to fight it.  Is that how the rabies vaccine works?
I was told that it just prevented the animal from passing rabies on, that
it doesn't prevent the animal from contracting it.  Is this true?  You
would think more animals would be dying from it then.

Thanks!

Angie

[P.S. -- clarification]
My vet wasn't the one who told me that the rabies vaccine just prevented
it from being passed on but the animal still gets it.  My dad-in-law told
me that.  I just wanted to clarify that part of my post.

Thanks!
Angie