From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:06:21 -0500
First off I want to thank everyone that is surfing on eyegive (eyegive.com)
for FFS.  We are earning $5.11 each day that everyone surfs!  That is
fantastic!!  The more people surf the more money we earn for the upcoming
surgeries.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  It really helps.

Yesterday I had this urge to find Sharptooth.  The ferrets that share my
home are free roam and we have this special bond.  When something is wrong
I sense it and if they can, they come to me when they aren't feeling well.
When I got home last night I searched for Sharptooth.  I finally found her
and she would not move her shoulder area.  Her back feet had feeling and
she would scoot backwards with her hips up but her shoulder area was on the
ground and I got no response when pushing and gently rotating the front
arms.  I could not feel anything out of place and she did not squirm or
object to being massaged.  I thought it might be an injury from falling off
the fridge or from PUMKIN (he shook her yesterday morning and has been caged
most of the time since and when I can't directly supervise him).  She ate
well and eliminated normally.  Stools and urine looked normal.  I contacted
our vet and we decided it did sound like an injury.  I started her on
Pediapred and 1/8 of a baby aspirin (on a full tummy).  We checked her
several times throughout the evening and she seemed more comfortable.  This
morning when I took her out of the cage for cleaning (Pumkin was in his own
cage) and medicating she walked upright with her shoulder area just a bit
closer to the ground.  She was feeling a bit better than last night so I
think we are on the right track.  Our vet is on alert that we may be coming
in at any time if she doesn't improve or gets worse (haven't seen him in a
couple weeks anyway).

Hugs to all. tle (whose right shoulder has been aching for two days....)