From:
Donald Dittman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 11:42:18 -0700
I deleted the digest before noting who had the puncture wounds from their
ferret.  Please be careful as this can easily and quickly lead to blood
poisoning.  My cat bit my finger when I was giving him meds and the next
day I wound up at the dr. with a swollen arm and red streaks climbing to
my shoulder.  I lost a week's work and had to be very careful not to move
the arm.  I'd suggest going to the dr. and just telling him that your pet
cat who is current on all shots bit you.  That way your ferret isn't in any
danger and you can start antibiotics.  I would never admit that my ferret
bit me for their safety.  Just my thoughts.

Laurel