From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:38:42 EDT
>First off..  the ferret related question..... Has anyone ever heard a
>deaf ferret litterally scream for no reason?

-- Oh yes indeed.  Is your ferret young?  I find this happens in young
adults, teens and kits more than oldsters.  I have no idea why they do
that.  You'd think if it was a bad dream, wouldn't the other hearing
ferrets do this to a small extent as well?  I dont know.  The deaf can
be very vocal, and at times very clumsily so.  Another odd phenomenon
known to deaf ferrets are their superman impressions that they do when
sleeping.  They will jump up and shoot out of a hammock during a deep
sleep for no apparent reason.  They might even dash down a level or
two, before stopping dead in their tracks and looking around in a very
puzzled way.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com