From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:09:17 -0500
One of these days, i vow i'll find the perfect ferret litter.  It will be
easy to clean daily/twice daily, it won't increase box smell, my ferrets
won't scatter it about in a frenzy of costs-mom-lots-of-money glee, and it
will be utterly and totally harmless to them, me, the carpet, their food,
the environment, naked mole rats, and libertarians.  Until then, i'm just
going to feel like complaining.

Yesterday's News does *not* work for us.  I have two nose-shovelers and two
diggers/flingers.  The stuff goes *everywhere*, and before long, the carpet
and bottom of the cage are coated with litter.  I can't clean the urine out
every day without wasting amazing amounts of litter (and trust me, i am
*not* so dedicated that i will pick clean litter out of a scoop of messy
litter), so it smells funny, and if i change the box out regularly (it's a
huge box) i waste stunning amounts and the ferrets just think (no matter how
much poop i put back into the box) "Shovel!  Dig!  Scoop!  Let's get to the
bottom of this, kids!  There's got to be SOME reason why this is clean!"

Grrr.  Pine Fresh apparently cannot be gotten in our area without buying
500lb quantities of the stuff, and wood stove pellets are completely
non-existant, even though i personally know that a good percentage of ann
arbor relies on wood heat.  Augh!

I still use clumping clay litter with Potpie, and had used it for 1.5 yrs
with Noodle and Friday, but Easel's got much lower ground clearance and is
much more enthusiastic about sporting around in it, so i hope to prevent
health problems by switching.  But i cant switch *to* anything.  The search
continues.

</rant>

Melissa and the ditch-diggers

      Melissa Litwicki                              "Is it ... atomic?"
      [log in to unmask]                             "Yes! VERY atomic!"