From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:29:56 -0500
This is Susie Lee with Wes Hurley and The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary in
Pensacola, FL.

Wes wanted me to be sure and pass along our thanks to everyone who
called and asked how we were before, during and shortly after Hurricane
Gustav passed through our area.

We're all fine, nobody even went into an imminent-tornado-panic, which
many animals will do when-if something twisty this way comes. There
were reports of tornado touchdowns to the north of us and to the south
of us, but if anything were coming our way, we were all certain that
the angels who look after all the ferrets would have gotten together to
lift up the tornado away from our house just like they did years before
during Hurricane Ivan.

Comically each of the 5 cats kept going to the front door to see about
going outside and then dug in their claws and backed up JUST like they
were giant ferrets when the door was opened. I was sure I heard 58
ferrets all giggling behind their paws.

Here's hoping everyone else in this storm's passage, through Houston
and beyond, will be in just as safe shape as we all are.

Take care, all.

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html
http://ferretanddovesanctuary.petfinder.com