From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:04:04 -0500
>From:    The Bernstein Family <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: two's vs. three's
>I was curious to know if ferrets generally tend to bond in two's or if they
>also bond in three's (or any other odd number).  I don't remember where I
>read that if they're not in even numbers, one will be left out of play and
>snuggly time.??

We have three ferrets and Penny, the youngest, tends to be on her own quite
a bit.  She gets up at different times than the two boys and being younger,
is up longer.  The boys tend to sleep together while she's off sleeping on
her own.  I can't count the number of times I admonish the boys to "go play
with your little sister" but they don't listen.

Penny does play with them at times and there are also times when they all
sleep in one big pile.  It's not like the boys push her away.  I think she
just prefers to be on her own.

I believe it all depends on the individual ferret's personality.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC