From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:45:24 -0500
To read the pet store perspective of small animal sales, I think
readers will find this article of interest.

<http://www.petproductnews.com/marketplaces/small-mammal-marketplace/get-the-small-but-important-details-right.aspx?cm_mmc=18447848>

Keep in mind, this is advice geared primarily toward smaller retailers.
Some come aways --- small animals are USED to drive product sales ...
you cannot sell a $125 Ferret Nation cage without a ferret to sell.
They do recognize the need for cleanliness - but to clean once a
week? HELLO???? DAILY or every other day for most little baby pooping
machines no matter the species I would think unless the store doesn't
have many animals or much turnover. YUCK.

Ann Gruden