From:
Edward Lipinski Ferrets NorthWest FNW <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 02:11:55 -0700
Today is a blessed day in the history of the Ferret Endowment for Research,
Rehabilitation, Education & Training Society, NW.

Why, you might ask?

Well, the reason is that Dame Fortune has just dribbled all over me and
left me dripping wet with utmost joy ... and also a very, very happy
pregnant lady.

Oh, gosh no; I'm not responsible for that at all!  I'm talking about her
darling, 3 1/2 year old chocolate testiculated ferret by name (her name of
"Bear.")  Gentle Ben, as I called him.  And he is one of the most gentle
little giants 2 lb 6 oz I've seen in quite some time.

Yep, that's right.  This is the second lost and recovered ferret that
FERRETS NW has returned to its lawful and loving owner since the 31st of
May.  Hey, I guess we' re on a roll, eh?

This ferret apparently pushed his way past a closed but unlatched door and
headed down a previously laid scent trail (ferrets with testicles leave
pretty good scent trails, yes indeed) that was initially laid the previous
day when his owner took him out for a walk.

The owner reached that conclusion because the ferret was "found" by a
family only one block away and in the direction that this ferret had been
walked the previous day.  This information about the location of the finder
I supplied to the owner who came to FNW today to recover her beloved
littler (big) bear, or as I called him, Gentle Ben.

This is the same ferret that had been obtained from one of the members of
the North West Ferret Associatin, Mr. Bryan Lipscy.  The owners told me
that Bear was not transpondered with a microchip and that he was 3 1/2
years old.  I was way off because I estimated his age upon his delivery
here at about 1 year.

The lady who owns Bear is expecting the birth of her child in August.  I
shall endeavor to be at her home east of Lake McDonald and keenly observing
her ferret the moment she comes home from the hospital with her infant and
what happens when the ferret hears that infant's cry for the first time.

Deja vu, all over again, but hopefully not as tragic as the last time I
witnessed an event identical to this one coming up in August.

Well, all's well that ends well 'tis said.   And this ended well.

Edward Lipinski, the garbage man?  Really.

Ahem!  Note to Mic McK: C'mon now man, I'm asking you a second time.  Why
specifically are you negative on the idea of training ferrets to be working
animals?  What in you view is wrong with that?  My gosh, the Englanders
have been doing it for longer than you've been alive man.  I hope you don't
hold them in some form of disregard for this practice, or do you?  And a
Note for Megan: I have to admire your admission that you know little or
nothing about working ferrets and that that doesn't stop you at all from
your comments to the effect that tail flicking and the sense of smell
only is valid for the hunting ferret.  Amazing.  Yes 'tis true: the only
domesticATED ferret or any other animal for that matter, is a dead one.
Why?  Simple.  They cannot possibly change any more, 'cause they's dead.
Interesting thought you have about meeting the needs of religion in ferrets
at their grave.  The only ferret religion I've heard about is this notion
about the rainbow bridge crossings.  That confuses me a bit because the
images of rainbows on the back windows of cars is a declaration that the
driver is gay.  Please explain somebody.  Where did this rainbow bridge
stuff come from and what does it mean?