From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 22:55:46 -0500
The Boys Are Back In Town!!  Thank you one and all for all your E mails,
suggestions, and prayers.  If you hadnt said to forget what the vets said,
and do the surgery, I would have had Wolf euthenized.  And the vet thinks
he got it all out.!!!  Thats a pretty heavy thing to say when talking about
cancer.  I LIKEit.

Wolf is in pain and grunts and whimpers.  I have been on the floor all
afternoon with him, reading and sleeping, and feeding him.  He is eating
his duck soup well.  But it hurts to move, and step in low cut litter box.
Ouch!!!  Tiger is not eating well, but is walking better than Wolf.  I
will syringe feed Tiger tomorrow.  They are each in seperate cages now.

The sutures look really good.  The guys stayed 4 days, which was expensive,
but needed.  They were able to get I.V. fluids and pain medication.  Change
that $500 minimum to $800.  Vet bills just for Wolf since last July are
over $1500.  Some one in Alaska said minimum there IS $1500 for adrenal
surgery..

Correct me if I am wrong.  Im not a vet.  [Duuh, Lisette- really?] :-}  But
the correction initially for adrenal symptoms that are not just seasonal
IS surgery by a qualified vet.  And if not done in a timely fashion on
the males may well lead to prostate cancer- which is basically; kiss your
ferret good bye time??  Then if adrenal symptoms reappear, you are looking
at removal of the other adrenal, or very expensive and somewhat
experimental medication.?And the surgery performed Most?  Would that
statistically be adrenal?

Gotta save my pennies all over again.  Any one losing fur in this household
in next few months that is not a summer coat change is gonna have to be a
snack for my brothers dog, or hold on to his breeches.  Thank you all soo
much again.  You are the guys that saved Wolf from being euthenized.

Lisette and Wolf[OUCH !!!] and Tiger[shiver, 0w  wee]