From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 1995 11:04:18 PDT
> Does anyone sell, or know where to find, ferret-related Xmas/holiday cards?

Although I haven't seen any ferret cards, it wouldn't be all that hard for
you to make some. Although it's kind of off subject (or close to it), I'll
give you some brief ideas/instructions on how you could make some....and
I'll post it here since it would probably be of general interest.

1. Find a weasel or ferret rubber stamp(s). I have a weasel one that works
   great. In the new Ferret Outfitters catalog they have a ferret rubber
   stamp. BFF stamps can also be found and might work. This is the hardest
   part.
2. Get a stamp pad. Black really is the most versatile.
3. Get some blank cards and envelopes. Check a local art store or mail order
   places like Dick Blick's. I like to get cards that are off-white/cream with
   a colored deckle (edge) and envelopes that are colored. I believe the
   kind I get are Strathmore. Green or Red deckles work well for Christmas
   cards.
4. Get colored pencils, markers, etc.
5. Stamp the card. Let dry.
6. With a fine marker touch up stamped design if necessary. Draw candy canes,
   christmas stockings, pointsettas, menorahs, dradels, etc. around the
   ferret(s). Insert imagination here! :)
7. Color the designs. If you're real creative, you can use glitter, embossing
    powders when stamping, glue bits of ribbon, tinsel, sequins, etc. to the
    cards.....

They come out looking pretty cool. You can customize the coloring of
the ferrets to match your own little fuzz-heads. People really like the
personal touch of getting homemade cards. (Believe me, this takes more time
than artistic capabilities!)

Have fun! I leave you with this thought....if Santa's sleigh was pulled by
ferrets, I doubt he'd ever get out of his driveway - eight ferrets going in
eight directions! %)

-kim, mike. Squirt (modeled for more than 1 card!!!), Pippi (don't leave me
out!), Atlas (uhhhh....what be mod'ling?), Hijinx (our little wild-card!)

Kimberly Burkard        |              _    fer'ro-mag-net'ic   adj. 1. a char-
Xerox, Rochester, NY    |       _____C .._. acteristic of substances having
[log in to unmask] |  ____/     \___/  magnetic properties  2. a character-
[log in to unmask] <____/\_---\_\    istic of those who love ferrets