From:
Larry and Tequita Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 13:59:47 -0500
I gotta question.  Please don't think me stooopid but if cat's, ferrets
and other carnivores eat their prey uncooked and it hasn't been deboned,
why can't we give them bones?  I keep hearing about bones getting stuck
or having splinters in the gut, etc.  We grew up on a farm and always gave
our animals "scraps".  (No flames, please.  I'm just asking a question and
stating the facts from my childhood :0) )  We never had any problems with
bones.  I would think they are designed to handle them.  Are we "babying"
our animals too much?

Just me and my mind meandering about......Um, yes, I know that ferrets are
domesticated.  I'm going on their digestive design and on what folks in
other countries feed, relatives of ferrets and other such critters.

Alrighty then, I'm off to the bones yard....just kidding!  :o)

Tequita with the inquiring mind