From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 01:29:06 +0100
Ulrikes' post regarding labelling of contents had me ferreting (well what
else can u call it ?lol) thru the cleaning cupboard... sure enough ..
there are the listings... I only have one question......... Could someone
translate all the fancy names in to plain old english for us lesser mortals
without a degree education ??  what the hell is an "anionic surfactant"?
or a "nonionic surfactant" (the opposite of the previous?), or an
"amphoteric surfactant"?  polycarboxylates?

One cleanser I have here claims to kill 99.999% of salmonella, listeria &
campylobacter, thing is it only lists cationic and nonionic surfactants as
ingredients, but the label says "amongst other ingredients" and that isnt
a budget product, but one of the "name brands".

Two of the products have customer service numbers and I am calling them
after the Spring holiday to ask if they can provide more specific
information to me, and why there is not a clearer listing of all the
components.

I am using benzalkonium chloride (bleach related ?) perfume bitrex or edta
with no idea about what they really are, or what effects they may have on
my current pets, and thats just the disinfectant... anyone have a name of a
fuzzy (and cat) safe floor or carpet cleanser or anti bacterial cleanser?
Is sterilising fluid a safe bet for cage cleaning ?

One note on this is my father had good results using washing powder on a
cat tray, seems the cat was reacting to other substances, but good old
washing powder was ok, and got the tray real clean too.(cant recall if it
was bio or non bio...) would that be ok for keeping a fuzzys tray clean ?

I will let you know response what my calls get..
hugz to all the fuzzys out there
Cris Page