From:
Ulrike Hassold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 13:25:19 -0000
Hello

I saw a bottle of Pure Cod Liver Oil in my local supermarket, it's for
human use but I was wondering if I can give it to the ferrets?  Ingredients
are: pure cod liver oil, alpha-tocopherol, vitamin A Palmitate prep.,
Cholecalciferol prep.

10ml of the stuff have 800.0mcg Vit A, 5.0mcg Vit D, 10.0mg Vit E, 1012.0mg
DHA, 828.0mg EPA.

What are DHA and EPA?  Are they preservatives?  If the oil is okay for the
ferrets, how much and how often can I give it to them?  Should I mix it
with vegetable or sunflower oil or something else?

Thanks for any advice!

All the best to everybody and their kids from
Ulrike
and fur kids Jilly, Jack, Igor, Bella, Tom, Mason, Baby, Dana, Fox & Reno

          Missing Angel
          West Wales Ferrets - welfare and rescue
          NFWS area co-ordinator for West Wales
          http://homepages.primex.co.uk/~ferret/