From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:10:07 -0700
Well, Mornin' Folks!
Wanted to post an update regarding the Lost Ferrets August Contest.  It has
taken me just a little more time to get myself and the fur-brains settled
into the new apartment than I expected.  And between that and my band
working on getting our album released by October, the August contest hasn't
been put together yet.  Its on its way, though, I promise.  And for those
shelters who agreed to participate, don't worry, I haven't forgotten or
anything, just haven't found time to get everything put together.  Since
we will be getting started late on this one, I am going to let it run late,
too.  So, I believe that I will have it up by August 15, and let it run
through the end of September.  Meanwhile, last week was added a little
found guy in Kirkwood, Missouri.  Check out his ad, and the others, at
www.geocities.com/lostferrets.

On a personal note, I would like to thank those of you who wrote
encouraging and/or supportive notes regarding my husband and my separation.
So far I think the fuzzies are taking it easier than I am.  Though Mira,
daddy's girl, is quite obviously angry with me.  And she spends a LOT of
time snuggling (a thing she wasn't prone to do at all before now,) with
my male roommate.

I have had some interesting times with them in the new place though.  The
other night, little miss Tasha, the fatso that she is, was trying to attack
my hand, but in order to reach it she had to climb onto a laundry bag and
jump...and every time she landed, she would roll off the laundry bag onto
the floor and bounce around like a crazy ferret, then climb back up, jump,
roll, bounce...I don't know how she could possibly be as chubby as she is,
just watching her makes me tired.  Mira stole three large screws that go to
my roommate's desk... We can't find them anywhere.  Luckily, they only hold
the shelves onto the desk itself, and those sit pretty well without the
screws.  Meanwhile, Cael has been busy investigating potential escape
routes and testing corners to see which he thinks is most appropriate, ie,
hardest for mom to reach.  And all of them have been helping to keep mom's
heart warm.  I can't help but smile when I look at one of their furry
faces, or smell the blankets where they were sleeping, or feel the warm
spot under the covers on my bed that means there is a little warm fuzzy
waiting there for me to snuggle.  Even when I see a little furry face full
of mischief, and I know they have done or are doing something rotten, it
makes me giggle just thinking about what little skunks they are.  I have
to say, they are really helping me through all this.

Well, sorry this was so long.  Hope everyone's Monday went as nicely as
mine.

Melissa
www.geocities.com/lsotferrets