From:
Michael Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 13:13:07 -0800
My boyfriend and I have had our ferret Scooter for 2 months now.  She is 4
months old.  Since we have had her she has been sneezing.  We have had her
on antibiotics (amoxicillan), which did not help.  The vet said she may been
allergic to some type of inhalant like carpet fresh.  Just this morning
however, Scooter began having a sneezing fit.  She has had a couple before,
but not like this one.  She sneezed over and over for almost half an hour.
I took her to the vet and she thinks that Scooter may have an upper
respiratory infection.  She is having blood drawn now.  Has anybody had any
experiences with this or sneezing repeatedly?  Scooter is very healthy.  She
eats well and has doubled her weight in 1 month.  The vet we have here in
Prince George, BC Canada is not too familiar with ferrets.

Also, reading the FML today made me think of Scooter and all of the funny
things that she does.  We bought her one of those playful weasels too, and
ended up taking the weasel off for her.  The ball just did not interest her,
but the weseal on the other hand has become her best friend.  Scooter is
also very strong.  She drags away any shoes and boots that are left out.  My
boyfriend wears Doc Marten boots and she is able to drag those under the
bed.  Under the bed is her own special sanctuary.  No matter where her food
dish is in the bedroom, she grabs a piece of food and roars under the bed
with it.  It is getting to the point that she doesn't even have to get food
from the bowl anymore, she has enough under the bed.  I clean under the bed
a couple times a week.  It is amazing what I find under there.  Cassette
tapes, my chapstick (luckily she didn't open it and eat it) and all of my
stuffed animals.  It was so kind of her to remove all of the ribbon and
stuff off of the animals for me!  Scooter loves to climb!  She climbs up my
robe hanging on the back of my bedroom door all the way to the top.  It
isn't uncommon for her to climb up my robe while I am wearing it.  In the
mornings she climbs up me and onto the cupboard to see what I am making for
breakfast.  She also climbs up my clothes in the closet.  I was sitting at
my desk and heard a noise in the closet and here she is sitting up on the
top shelf in there.

I just want to add that this is my first ferret, and the FML has been very
helpful.  I have been printing out some pages for future reference, I have
learned a lot of things.  Thanks everyone.

Monica, Michael and Scooter