From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 18:43:02 -0500

Then Bill wrote:
>>Please show where this is an irresponsible comparison so I can improve the
>>simile.  We don't see you problem but would like to be as accurate as we
>>can be.

Sure thing, my fine ferreted friend.  If you keep demonstrating my points so
perfectly people will begin to think we are working together ;-)

Bill wrote:
>Candy is a treat that should be given sparingly to children.  Linatone is a
>treat that should be given sparingly to ferrets (dogs or cats).

Exactly, Linatone is NOT a treat(try telling ferrets that!) no matter how
people use it or mis-use it.  It is a potent nutritional supplement, plain
and simple.  So I repeat, comparing it to sugar water or the like is
irresponsible, inaccurate, and inappropriate, plain and simple too.  It
would be like comparing "Flintstone" vitamins to candy.  No adult in good
conscience would even attempt that, would they?  There have been numerous
cases, some quite severe, of children making that error.  Now, if you want
to use a car wax as a dessert topping, or a nutritional and vitamin
supplement as a treat, that's your choice, just that it doesn't make these
Cool Whip or candy, got it?  Failing to see and recognize this distinction
can be inherently dangerous.  It is a matter of degrees, of design, and of
digestion.

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi