From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 13:22:17 +0000
I'm a pharmacist with about 28 years experience so maybe I can shed some
light on the subject.

Someone posted that their ferrets would take the white prednisone not the
orange.  ALL 5mg prednisone tablets are white, at least I haven't seen any
other color.  there is a 20mg prednisone tablet that is orange but I doubt
any vet would prescribe that for a ferret.

PREDNISOLONE 5mg is orange.  It is similar to prednisone but not the same
thing.  Perhaps the pharmacy that gave you the orange tablets screwed up.
Prednisolone is also more expensive than prednisone which might account for
the difference in price you mentioned.

For what its worth: a good way to crush tablets without losing any of the
medication is to take 2 spoons nestled together with the medication in the
bowl of the bottom spoon.  Just pres and you have crushed tablets in the
spoon.

Also FWIW there is a liquid prednisone on the market available generically,
that has 5mg of prednisone/teaspoon (5ml) 1ml (1mg) would be about 20 drops
from a standard eye dropper.

Hope this helps.

Tom