From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:48:13 -0700
Sent to Joan F. Joan wrote:

They arrived at the courtyard with throngs of chanting supporters only
to find it empty.  The crowds began to quiet as everyone looked around
and realized they were alone.  Christianaferret's first thought was that
the Evil Count Hiss-Hiss must have feared that someone might impede the
marriage ceremony and fled to another location.  Either that, or he
discovered his bride was an imposter.  Christianaferret's heart beat
wildly at the thought of harm coming to the sister she had only just
discovered.  She had to have faith that Morgaine Le Ferret, being the
Fairy Queen, would be able to take care of herself, because she,
Christianaferret, had equally important work to do.

"The prophecy said that 'Truth must have its way...' didn't it?"  She
asked, turning to the Dook.

"Indeed.  What are you thinking?"  He saw the spark in her eye.

"I know how we must find the Truth!  The Snapfish of Dookdom!!!  He will
be able to guide us - he cannot tell a lie!  He will be able to tell us
where they are and what we must do to stop the wedding."

She tried with all her will to conjure him up, but alas, there was no
snap.  "He must have fled the palace, too, but I know where to find him -
my father once told me where he goes to seek refuge.  He lives at the
Mystical Emerald Lake deep within the Caves of Agamoora.  If we hurry,
we can still make it in time!"

The Dook of Cornish Hen turned to the crowd and addressed them: "We are
most grateful to the support you have shown us, but we must travel alone
from here.  We shall succeed, though, have no fear.  In fact, while we
are absent, you can all serve your Dookdom best by preparing for the
finest Royal Wedding in the history of the land.  When we have captured
the Evil Count Hiss-Hiss Christianaferret and I shall return to be
married!"

The crowd went wild and waved as the Dook, Christianaferret and her
father (still under the Stink Spell) set off on Ben and Jerry.  It wasn't
too long before they arrived at the entrance to the Caves of Agamoora.
They stopped and warily eyed the dark, damp entrance.  The quest for
truth, though, is never easy, so with a deep breath they lit a torch
and courageously began their journey into the Caves...