From:
Charles M Voelkel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 1994 20:09:50 -0400
  I've been reading the FML for a while now, and unfortunately, it seems the
only time I've been posting is when I'm worried about Shinde.  This time it
looks pretty bad.  This morning when I took her out of the cage she was
limping.  The odd thing is that it didn't seem to bother her.  It seemed like
she just decided not to use one of her back legs.  I brought her to the vet,
but they can't find anything physically wrong with her.  They're going to
take pictures of her tomorrow, but I'm not sure if that will show anything.
The vet mentioned that as he was feeling her leg, her knee started popping
in and out :P.  Hopefully if there's anything physical the vet will find it
tomorrow.
  I'm pretty much mailing this to let everyone know about it and to ask about
strokes in ferrets.  She's young, about half a year, but I don't know anything
about strokes.  Is this possible?  The limping seemed to come about very fast
and I can't think of any other non-pysical cause.
  Thanks for any advice :)
     Charles